The April 2016 Chamber of Commerce Luncheon was catered by Subway and hosted by the folks at Boulders Inn. Chamber President Kyle Matzen opened the meeting after the great soup and sandwiches, then led the introductions and gave the current update.
Kyle shared with us the schedule for the summer "Sounds on the Square" concert series:
Sounds on the Square Concert Series Schedule
- Friday, May 20th 6pm-8pm. Nice Bangs
- Friday, June 24th 6pm-8pm. Plastic Apartment
- Friday, July 15th 8pm-12pm. Four Season's Festival, presented by PCDC
- Saturday, July 16th Four Season's Festival presented by PCDC
- Sister Sarah 5-7pm
- Becker 8-12pm
- Saturday, August 27th (following the Big Creek Bike Ride) 2pm-4pm. Storm Warning
This month we had two speakers for the luncheon. The first speaker was Juli Accola, with Ankeny Sanitation. Juli used her time "talking trash." She talked about the benefits of working with a great local business like Ankeny Sanitation instead of the national companies who don't put as much back into the community.
The next was a duo of speakers from Rock Valley Physical Therapy. Stephanie Kelsick and Kalais Kuhlmann used their time to share with the group facts about falling and balance. They also shared how the service they provide is tailored to each individual.
The meeting wrapped up as everyone was encouraged to go out and enjoy the spring weather.